Monday, September 3, 2007

It's as girly as I get

This is what I started with. I needed a new apron. I always wear an apron. Not that I'm very domestic in the kitchen. In fact I really don't like to cook. So, do I think that the apron is going to help me enjoy cooking? NO! It is because I'm a very messy cook. I have ruined more clothes than I care to count. I love vintage aprons,but they are not very practical. I go for the butcher type.I have some that don't show the spills, and are rather forgiving. But this time I wanted something a little girly. Notice my scissors are marked fabric. If I catch anyone using them they are shot. Don't mess with my scissors. I'm happy with the way it turned out. Now you are probably thinking wow! she is tall and skinny. I wish. The model for this is my 6ft 4in, 17 year old son. Yes I said son. He will do anything for gas money. lol

3 comments:

Artifax said...

Hi there!

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for visiting my blog and signing up for the paper dress swap!

Loved your mention of the fabric only scissors. I have a nice sharp pair too .... therefore they are coveted by everyone else to cut packing tape, cardboard, etc. LOL!!

carlene federer said...

OMG!!! I can't wait to show Dane this! Too funny!

Heidi said...

****LOL**** and more laughing... and more LOL to your son's creative resources for earning gas money! Cracks me up!

Very cute apron, though, even on your masculine mannequin!