This cheap wooden frame from Michael's had been sitting in the drawer for a couple of years. I finally figured out what to do with it. I used Tim Holtz Fragments, an assortment of images, old hardware. And of course my favorite bees wax. After gluing the images to the back of the fragments I went around the edges with alcohol ink. This just took away any clear edges that looked unfinished. Click on the pic to enlarge. The layers of paint, paper and bees wax are applied to the frame. The fragments are glued on last. Paper beads embellish the side. Of course I had to add waxed butterfly wings. In the center is placed a mirror. It is hard to photograph a mirror without getting a glare, so it looks black.
Here is the silverware family I have been playing with. The spoon on the right has had alcohol ink applied to it. I've been on alcohol ink roll lately.