Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bees Wax Tags and Scrap Challenge

Bees wax tags. For the clock and the dream tag on the one below I use mica. The jury is still out on the mica. Maybe I need to play around with it some more. Right now I'm not seeing that it is any big deal.
Received my scraps for the scrap challenge. 10 different fabrics I have to make into something wonderful. I have a few ideas swimming around. The rules are very simple. As long as you use all 10 fabrics you can use what ever else you want. Should be fun. I better get my creative juices flowing.

7 comments:

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Love the wings!!! I'm kinda not sure if I like Mica either..but sometimes it comes in handy...

Cristine's Story said...

Love the wings Becky...About the Mica, I think we need to check with Mike on that!

Cindy said...

Ohhhh, I'm loving the beeswax thing. Espcially that birdy tag. too cute. And I know you will do something fab with that fabric.

c

Jamie Noel said...

Hi Becky,
I came across your blog from a link on Pat Winter's page. Your tags are great! I use mica quite a bit in my jewelry. (I use it instead of glass on my "Punch and Judy Puppet Theater Brooch"( to keep it lightwieght and to give it a sort of antique look.)It can be a bit tricky to work with.If you have any questions I'd be happy to help if I can.
Nice to meet you!
jamie

Here's a link to see my brooch w/ mica, no clue if this works or not:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15429331

carlene federer said...

fab tags! are the wing shaped ones from a punch? or what? NEED them!!! pretty pretty please tell me where to get 'em! or I'll probably die!

Judy Wood said...

i love the wings! so simple, they'd make GREAT christmas tree ornaments!!!

thanks! nice seeing you in mike's class tonight!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I love the wing tags. Is there an online source for the pattern?TIA
Pat