Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Paper,Scissors.................fish

This little one has made a home in Marsha's house. Why paper,scissors,........fish.
Marsha's is a fabulous collage artist. Her work is absolutely amazing.And I can say I'm the proud owner of one of her pieces. I'm someone who generally works in neutrals,but I love color. The colors in her work are so saturated and pure. Every time I look at one of her "works of joy" it brings a smile to my face.
So, back to paper,scissors.................fish. Her studio is Tumblefish Studios. I was just playing around with the large pair of scissors in her head,I have had the fish for sometime now and they just never seemed to work into anything. She just came together. And I knew who's home she belonged in. Why wings? Marsha uses wings in most of her work. Someone out there in blog land made a comment to her that wings were overused and she should try something different. Oh please!!! are there every to many wings or fairies?
If you have not made a trip to Marsha's site do so now. She is a delight,her work and her stories will put a smile on your face.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Pretty cool! I know Marsha will love it. Yep, never too many wings. Or pointy hats! :D LOL.

-c

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Well, I finally featured you and hopefully thanked you properly for this fabulous art work. Pop over when you get time to see the post. I sent you a package today too. Hope you can use what I sent to make more beautiful dolls! If not, do with them what you want. Maybe sell them in YOUR ETSY if you don't use them? Are you getting the hint? Thanks again, Becky, from the bottom of my heart!
marsha

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Becky! I found your blog through Julie Haymakers site. Your assemblage pieces are wonderful. I noticed you are in Phoenix. I live in North Scottsdale. Maybe we will meet up at one of Julie's classes. I'll be at the "She measures up" class in June. Have a wonderful week!!

Karen

Unknown said...

I agree. You can never have to many wings. To me they symbolize especially in the mixed media movement the idea that you are flying high on your creative spirt .An idea can come from right out of thin air, but sometime you must put on your wings and fly to get it. Then when a piece is done and it really "works" you get a high like flying and it feels good. So with that why would it not be symbolism that turned up over and over agin , The old masters used only symbolism in their work .I do not think they heard "Can the Mother Mary wear yellow for once" ..We just get tired of always seeing her in blue". Well, you get my point I agree put in your art what you want Call it trendy or call it what it really is a movement in the mixed media world and that is how out field of art will evolve.

Judy Wood said...

nice to see you too!!! now, get busy on those atc's! lol...

Chrisy said...

Your paper scissors fish is a fabulous unique art piece...and yes I think this one will be quite at home over at Marsha's place!

Natasha Burns said...

wow that is so cool! i still like wings even if people think they are overused!