Friday, August 14, 2009

Play Time

Hubby is out of town. Both kids are busy having a life. That means I got to play the other night. My desk was in dire need of being cleaned. Rather than throwing away or putting away I decided to see what I could come up with using the pile at hand.

Little dolly. I had found a small spool in a thrift store. The desire was there to alter her face, but I refrained. It was very hard. Looking at her now I think I should have done something. She is all glued and done. Don't you just hate to take things apart after you have them all done? I'll just go with her. She is little only about 6 inches.

I had been making charms for a swap and had all the soldering paraphernalia out. Kinda fun. The guy at the photography studio where daughter had her senior pics done really liked it. Her photos look like crap,so she has to have those retaken.

Some retail (esty)therapy this is from birdfromawire. She does amazing things with wire check her out.

8 comments:

House of Hullabaloo said...

What beautiful art work!!!!

Alison Gibbs said...

Clever you - creating is so much more fun than putting away.
Alison

Tolegranny said...

Love your dolls. Very inspiring.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

There it is, my fix of Becky-brilliant-art! I just love that first doll (I love them all, but . . . ) I love the umbrella hat - I think she might fly away with that! She's wonderful! WONDERFUL!

Cindy said...

I like that you left her face as is...she is very serene which seems to go along with the sentiment on the tag at the bottom. She's beautiful!

:D
-c
yapping cat

carlene federer said...

a LESS scary doll, lol! jk, she is very cute and wont give me nightmares, lol!
hard to believe K's pix didnt turn out, wth?
i may have a lead on a thrift store paradise, will check it out soon and let you know...

Lynn said...

Great work, I love what you did with the doll and I also love the charm :)

Tangled Stitch said...

Lovely work!