Friday, December 21, 2007

Tokens from the Heart

The above dress if for my dear blog friend Cindy
This is just to brighten her day . Like Cindy I also work retail. Only I'm in and out of all chain stores all day, everyday. I have been looking at Christmas since September. Now don't get me wrong I dearly love the Christmas season. However when I get home I don't want to look at or hear any more Christmas. By the time the actual holiday arrives I'm burned out. I still don't have a tree up and I have not wrapped a single gift. Cindy had expressed to me one day she felt the same way. When you work retail you are usually always a season a head. When you go into stores and you see Christmas in October. Those stores have had Christmas in their backrooms since August. Chances are in the stores backroom there may even be some Valentine's day tucked back in a corner. So back to the dress. Like I said this is just to brighten her day and it is not Christmas related. The dress is made from vintage and new lace coffee dyed. Enjoy Cindy and Happy every Holiday...........................

3 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

I am sure Cindy absolutely loved this little dress. It is so sweet.
Alison

Jill said...

Gosh--this is just gorgeous! I love the idea and your execution is perfect. I bet Cindy was thrilled.

Cindy said...

I did, my friend, I did. You did not show off the other one! Well, everyone can take a peek cause it will be posted on my blog later today. You are dear and I love them both! So gorgeous!